For a classic and clean French Manicure follow the suggested manicure routine below for best results.
- Remove all traces of lacquer from the nail plate with Revitanail® Nail Polish Remover.
- Moisten a cotton pad with Revitanail Nail Polish Remover.
- Press pad onto nail plate, hold for a few seconds to soften the lacquer and then wipe off toward the free edge of the nail.
- Change cotton pad as needed.
- It is recommended to use Revitanail Nail Polish Remover even if there is no lacquer on the nail plate to remove any excess dirt/oils.
File and Shape your Nails:
- File nails in one direction from each side of nail toward the centre.
- Never file nails back and forth, as this will cause the nail to weaken, separate and split.
Technique for Mixing Nail Lacquer:
- Gently roll the nail lacquer bottle between your hands to mix the colour and eliminate any air.
- Do not shake lacquer bottle as this creates bubbles.
Nail Lacquer Application:
(professional 3-4 stroke method)
- Commence 1mm from cuticle in the centre of the nail surface.
- Then apply lacquer to left and right side of nail, avoiding cuticles.
- Complete with 1-2 strokes in the centre of the nail.
French Manicure Application:
- Apply 1 coat of Revitanail Base Coat or Revitanail Ridge Filler to nails. This helps to protect nails from staining and also forms the perfect base to help Revitanail Nail Lacquer glide on smoother and last longer.
- Peel off a Revitanail French Tape and affix it to the nail plate below the free edge, following its natural curve.
- Apply 1 coat of the Revitanail French White to the nail tip and let dry. (The tape will allow you to paint an even white tip with ease and precision.)
- Ensure the Revitanail French White is dry before gently peeling off the tapes.
- Follow with 1 coat of the Revitanail French Pink over the entire nail plate.
- Complete the manicure with 1 coat of Revitanail French Finish to protect manicure from chipping, providing a smooth, smudge-free, high shine finish
For best results:
To extend the life of your French Manicure, apply 1 coat of French Finish over your manicure every 2 days.
Practice makes perfect!